iScore Baseball v3.52

We will announce new product updates here along with what features are being included in the updates
OhioTex

Re: iScore Baseball v3.52

Post by OhioTex » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:11 pm

the Curtesoy runner shows up on the score card as blue notation on the scoreing diamond in the score book but not as a sub/row on score card...
pinch runners show up as a row/sub notation
tony2360

Post by tony2360 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:55 pm

All last issues fixed. Thanks to all.
I have a couple of questions. Is there a way to stop the clock and resume later? We had a game last Saturday that started on time with 2 umpires, but after 30 minutes of play the game was stopped because there was another game about to start on a different field and there were no umpires, so our umpires had to split, one for our game and the other for the other game. Our umpire had to go to the restroom to take his catching gear protection off, since he will be calling strikes, balls and plays behind the pitcher. While all this happens the game clock was running in Iscore and could not be stopped. The actual game time stopped and resumed when the umpire came back but Iscore could not record this time event.
My next question is if it is possible for the next upgrade to enhanced Iscore by including the new Siri feature on IO6 so we can talk to Iscore instead of taking our eyes off the field to score the plays, since the plays occurs fast and sometimes you get lost and have to ask someone what happened while you we're scoring the play.
tony2360

Post by tony2360 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:16 pm

Sorry to bother again. When looking at the player's card when you press the Flip button there is never info there, how and where you can input information so it can show here?
tony2360

Post by tony2360 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:43 pm

Another question, is it possible to get stats specifically between 2 teams that had played 2 or more games between them?
Any specific stats between batter and pitcher?
Thanks.
LI0DNH0

Post by LI0DNH0 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:39 pm

Sluggish performance after upgrading to IOS 6.0 on an Ipad 2 -

I upgraded to IOS 6.0 and the next time I used iScore baseball, it was taking 3 to 5 seconds to record the action on every screen. I managed to somehow get through the game (not in a timely basis - thanks to some parents helping out). I exported executed the maintenance optimization and re-imported after this game.

In the next day or so, the new iScore update came out and all appeared well during the next game that I was scoring as the app was responding quickly and as it had previously. However, after the 3rd inning, the responsiveness of the application on the iPad started getting sluggish again. The second game I had to score was again agonizing. Again, I've exported, did the maintenance optimization and then re-imported. Unfortunately, fall ball is now over, so don't know if the issue has been resolved or not.

Any suggestions or idea why the App would be so sluggish after upgrading to IOS 6.0?

Doug
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:33 pm

We have had a few reports of sluggishness after iOS6 updates, and rebooting the iPad / iPhone has solved it in every case. There is apparently something during the upgrade to iOS6 that is causing sluggishness across all applications until the device is rebooted. We are hopeful that Apple fixes this, but they have yet to acknowledge it that we have seen even though we have seen reports of it, and the reboot fix from several places including Apple's own forums.

To reboot your device, press and hold the power button and home button at the same time until the device reboots.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
tony2360

Post by tony2360 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:42 am

Good morning, I have posted 5 questions prior to last post and have not received any answers.
Please let me know what to expect.
Thanks.
LI0DNH0

Post by LI0DNH0 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:28 am

Thanks for the quick response. I take it power down with the power button and then back up is not the same as a reboot mentioned above?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:51 am

@tony2360 - Sorry we did not see your questions. Adding new questions to a thread that is completely unrelated (this thread is titled "iScore Baseball v3.52") will sometimes get lost. It would have been best to create a new thread since these are new questions, and they should probably be in the FAQ or Enhancement forum. In any case...
Is there a way to stop the clock and resume later?
No. Our next iOS release has a stop/resume for the clock, but the current version does not.
My next question is if it is possible for the next upgrade to enhanced Iscore by including the new Siri feature on IO6 so we can talk to Iscore instead of taking our eyes off the field to score the plays, since the plays occurs fast and sometimes you get lost and have to ask someone what happened while you we're scoring the play.
We have done a lot of research into doing this, and the answer is that no, this will not be likely with the current version of SIRI (even in iOS6). There are several problems with the way Apple made it work --- SIRI does not allow "interactive" speaking, you have to press a button between each thing you send to SIRI. SIRI uses the internet to process the requests - this would mean not only do you need internet connectivity, but you are slowed down by how long it takes to send whatever you say to the SIRI server, and then get a response, and many times the response is not exact. If Apple ever changes this to run local and not require an internet connection, and makes it so it does no require a button push to begin / end what you are saying, we may reconsider in the future.

Another question, is it possible to get stats specifically between 2 teams that had played 2 or more games between them?
Yes, create a league and put just the games between those two teams in the league. Then enable just that league in League Manager and view the stats.
Any specific stats between batter and pitcher?
No, we do not provide stats for specific player matchups. There are two add ons that can however. One is from TruMedia (iPad Only) and one is from EdgeHQ (runs from a desktop machine). They can both take iScore data and show player matchups (amongst other deeper analytic things).
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
vicmann

Post by vicmann » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:21 pm

How do you update to the newer version?