iScore Baseball for Android - Kindle Fire Optimized Version

We will announce new product updates here along with what features are being included in the updates
Vic

Re: iScore Baseball for Android - Kindle Fire Optimized Version

Post by Vic » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:30 pm

Outstanding job on the Kindle Fire version. It basically delivered the two features that I was really looking forward to. First, to be able to score the pitch on the same screen as the diamond view and Second, to be able to see where we are in the lineup for both teams and pitch counts for both pitchers from the scoring screen.

Karolclark, if you click on your team at the top of the scoring screen it shows you your lineup including the pitch count for your pitcher.
J.Hood98

Post by J.Hood98 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:47 pm

Vic, this is true. But when I use the app on my phone, I can see the partial lineup for the batting team and the pitch count for the pitcher on the mound from the opposing team. On the fire you have to switch to see the pitch count of the player pitching that half inning. Is there a way to see the batting team's lineup AND the defensive pitcher's pitch count at the same time?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:34 pm

There is not currently a way. As you can see we uses every bit of screen space we could but we will continue trying to improve.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
heelatious

Post by heelatious » Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:41 pm

I love the new Kindle Fire optimized version, especially being able to use it in landscape mode. I have had it force close on me 3 times in the last 2 games though, which I had never had before. I go out, select the iScore icon out of the carousel, hit game manager, and click on the game, and am able to get right back into the point of the game it made me force close out of, but I had never had this problem before.

Didn't know if anybody else was having this issue as well, or what might be causing it.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:09 pm

There are cases where rotating the device while scoring can cause this (sometimes you may rotate without realizing it). We just submitted a fix for these issues last night. They are available on the Android Market already, but Amazon has an approval process, so it is in their hands for how long the update will take to get out. We fixed several other force close issues that were found as well from user submitted crash reports. If you ever have a repeatable issue, please let us know the steps and as long as we can reproduce it, we should be able to fix it easily.
PhilB

Post by PhilB » Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:45 pm

I just purchased a Fire, and the first app I downloaded was iSBb. Now I'm in the process of transferring three years' worth of teams and games from my iPod touch to the Fire. Things are gong smoothely, except that the leagues don't transfer when importing via data sharing(this has been discussed several time before and I knew this before starting the conversion) which is a bit of a pain since I have to update over 100 games and teams to the 7 different leagues my son's team has played in the past three years - so here's another vote for getting league information to transfer over when doing data sharing.

As far as the Fire app goes, it doesn't look like the Kindle Fire Options Bar can be minimized to add more real estate. Is this true? If so, another request is to add that functionality so that you could have some more screen space to add the current pitcher at the same time that the current batting order is shown (so for example, batting order for home team, pitcher for vistor with pitch counts included). I know this has been requested before and I think that if the options bar could be minimized it might give the room to add this feature.

-phil
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:00 pm

If you are just copying your entire database over to the Fire, we can do the full copy for you which will include leagues. It will replace the data on the fire but will be an exact copy. If you would like us to do this, just do an Options -> Export from BOTH devices and email us at support@iscoresports.com.
PhilB

Post by PhilB » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:38 am

FTMSupport wrote:If you are just copying your entire database over to the Fire, we can do the full copy for you which will include leagues. It will replace the data on the fire but will be an exact copy. If you would like us to do this, just do an Options -> Export from BOTH devices and email us at support@iscoresports.com.
FTM,

Thank you for the offer of help. I have sent you an email with the customer IDs for both of my devices.

Is it possible to minimize the Options Bar to claim some more screen area?

Thanks,
-phil
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:39 pm

We have tried but Kindle is pretty non standard in this way.
PhilB

Post by PhilB » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:01 am

FTMSupport wrote:There are cases where rotating the device while scoring can cause this (sometimes you may rotate without realizing it). We just submitted a fix for these issues last night. They are available on the Android Market already, but Amazon has an approval process, so it is in their hands for how long the update will take to get out. We fixed several other force close issues that were found as well from user submitted crash reports. If you ever have a repeatable issue, please let us know the steps and as long as we can reproduce it, we should be able to fix it easily.
FTM,

Do you have any idea when Amazon will release the latest Fire drop (with the rotate fix included)?

Thanks,
-phil