iScore Baseball for Android - Kindle Fire Optimized Version

We will announce new product updates here along with what features are being included in the updates
FTMSupport
Site Admin

iScore Baseball for Android - Kindle Fire Optimized Version

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:42 pm

We have submitted version 3.41 of iScore Baseball for Android to both the Android Marketplace (gets instant approval), and the Amazon App Store (requires an approval process --- it is now in their hands).

This release focused on an optimized Kindle Fire scoring interface. This interface should also work on other 7" tablets. Screenshot below:

Release also includes several performance optimizations and some minor bug fixes.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
J.Hood98

Re: iScore Baseball for Android - Kindle Fire Optimized Version

Post by J.Hood98 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:47 pm

I like what I see. Just waiting for amazon to give the ok.
clowntown

Post by clowntown » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:33 am

extremely interested in this. I hope Amazon approves it soon. I tried to sideload the updated .apk with no luck. Considering the only reason I bought the kindle fire was for iscore, I couldn't be happier to see FTM putting this in! Can't wait -- someone get Jeff Bezos on the line and tell him to get the lead out! :P
SteelCityB

Post by SteelCityB » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:24 am

The amount of information they put on the 7" screen makes the Kindle Fire + this app a tremendous bargain. For Scorecast, if you have a phone with a 3G/4G hotspot, then who cares if Kindle doesn't have 3G, right? I hope this really boosts sales for this app. You guys put in a lot of work on these.
heelatious

Post by heelatious » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:25 pm

When I bought my Kindle Fire way back in November, this was the first app I downloaded. The detail that you can go into is amazing. Now my son's HS coaches want me to score every game, which I was doing anyway, and send them the stats. They love them.
Vic

Post by Vic » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:31 am

Thank you very much for doing the Fire optimization. I had been hoping it would come soon. Having to flip back and forth for pitch tracking and runner management is a pain. I hope Amazon approves it quickly.

- Vic
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:20 am

A couple of tips for Kindle Fire users (or users of other 7" tabs with this interface):

* If you tap the team name at the top of the screen, it will display that team's lineup on the left if you ever need to check the lineup of the team that is not displayed. By default, iScore will always show the batting team.

* If you tap the Balls / Strikes labels in the upper right corner, it will toggle between the Pitch Location entry screen and the Pitch by Pitch listing... so if you ever need to check pitch by pitch, or just do not use Pitch Locations at all, you can set the display the way you like.
Vic

Post by Vic » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:57 pm

Excellent to know regarding your first bullet point. I can't tell you how many times I've been asked about where we are in the order for the team that isn't batting at the moment. That wasn't quick and easy to do with the standard Android interface, especially while trying to score the current at-bat.

Keep up the great work. iScore is easily my favorite app.

- Vic
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:59 pm

The v3.42 update is now available in the Amazon App Store ... great for the Kindle Fire.
karolclark

Post by karolclark » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:48 pm

Love the new kindle fire upgrade. I am wondering why the pitch count shows for the pitcher who is not pitching. Really need to be able to see pitch count for current pitcher when doing a little league game. Is there a setting I'm missing?