Game mananger navigation in ipad verision not working

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
photojon

Game mananger navigation in ipad verision not working

Post by photojon » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:51 pm

I am using the new ipad version of Iscore Baseball. When looking at a specific game, I am noticing what appears to be a navigation bug. When I press the "back" button in the upper left, it takes me to the iScore "home screen". When I press game manager from there, it takes me back to the specific game. I would expect it to take me back to the list of all games that I have. I have tried many different techniques and none get me back to the "list of games". The only way to do this is to open a different ipad application, exit that and then return to iScore.

Is this a bug or am I missing a key to the navigation.

Thanks
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Game mananger navigation in ipad verision not working

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:17 pm

We have just tried it several times, and are not seeing the same issue. Just to confirm, are you using version 2.51.79 (you can see the version on the title screen)? There was one patch release on the very first day of launch, so just want to be sure we are checking against the same version. Here is what we tried:

1. Game Manager
2. Touch a Game
3. Shows Game Info Screen, touch Back (one time)
4. We are now back at Game Manager as expected

We also tried going all the way in to Play for the game, then backed out, and still worked as expected.

One thing you may want to try... we have heard that a lot of applications for the iPad are suffering memory leaks (iScore is not having this issue, but Apple told us many are because they were not tested on an iPad before release)... have you tried completely powering off the iPad to free all memory, and then going back in to iScore? To do this, press and hold the power button on the iPad until you get the "slide to power off" display. Then, slide the red button to power it off. Once it has completely turned off, press the power button again to turn it back on.

Let us know if this helps.

Thank you.
photojon

Post by photojon » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:58 pm

Thanks for the quick reply.

I am using version 2.51.79. Here are the steps to repeat the problem.

1) game manager
2) select a game (in my case it was a already completed game that I wanted to review)
3) press the "play button" in the upper right
4) press the "exit button" in the lower left
5) "Confirm exit? OK
6) on the "Game Info page press the "back" button; the page doesn't change but the title changes to game manager.
7) press "back" again and it takes me to the home screen
8) press "game manager" and the title says "Game Manager" however the content is game details.

The only way I am able to get out of this is to start another app and then reopen iscore.

Not sure if this is a corner case but further info is that this game was originally scored on an iphone and you helped map it to my iPad user id earlier today.

Hope this helps.

thanks again.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:28 pm

We have retried these steps several times and can not get it to happen. Did you try powering off and back on as suggested? Would be curious to know if that helps.

Thank you.
photojon

Post by photojon » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:00 am

I did do another "hard power down" and this time it appears to have resolved the issue.

Thank you for your prompt support and a great app!
terrylowe

Post by terrylowe » Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:46 pm

Just so you know, this happened to me.

I don't know how I got out of it...I hit every button on the iPad and it started working again.

This is not a one-time issue.

Terry
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:27 am

If anyone has steps to make this happen in a repeatable way we would definitely like to get it fixed. We have been unable to reproduce it up to this point. Thank you.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
pshenry

Post by pshenry » Sun May 30, 2010 2:30 pm

I am also having this problem, but it does not happen every time.

1. Open game manager
2. Open a game
3. Choose Play in the upper right corner
4 Choose to show the score pad in the lower left corner
5. choose close in the upper left corner
6. choose exit in the lower left corner and then confirm OK in the exit dialogue box
7. Choose Back in the upper left corner
8. screen changes to title bar of game manager but still shows the game details page from the previous game you chose.
9. Choosing back again takes you to the main menu screen
10. choosing game manager from the main menu takes you back to the page that had the game manager header but the specific game's display

When this happens I have to quit iScore and then relaunch the app. I have not had to launch another app as some of the other posts have indicated.

Pat
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sun May 30, 2010 4:34 pm

pshenry - is this happening to you on the iPad or the iPhone? We know the iPhone version will do this in low memory conditions, and restarting the device (hold power button down until you get the slide to power off, then slide the button to fully power down) will clear memory used by all programs and then this issue should not happen. For example, email and iTunes stay in memory on your iPhone and use up valuable RAM until the device is restarted.

If this is happening on the iPad with the steps you provide it is a little more suprising as we have not heard of memory concerns on the iPad.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
pshenry

Post by pshenry » Sun May 30, 2010 5:24 pm

Sorry that I did not specify. I am using the iPad. I have upgraded to the latest release (yesterday) and I still have this issue.