New to iscore need help (french Canadian) (answered, pending user clarification if needed)

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
carl_stg

New to iscore need help (french Canadian) (answered, pending user clarification if needed)

Post by carl_stg » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:49 pm

Hello, ISCORE baseball question

1- is there a place whare I can Have personal stastic of a player for all year

I see taht I can export a .txt file of a GAME from the web site,I see all player stats of the game and change to .csv to do my thing in excell
I didn 't find a place to export only player stat with all the game of the month or what is done so far in it

2- Is there a wayt o have the name of the player when we export I see only Jursey number

3- also is there configuration to change the COLUM taht are exported it's to much fo us

4- maybe I search to much on the web page and all these thing are in the app on my phone ?

5- thanks my english is bad i'm from Québec city canada where its French..

Carl
carl_stg@hotmail.com
OhioTex

Re: New to iscore need personal statistic

Post by OhioTex » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:06 pm

@carl -

The core of iscore is the Scoring App on your iOS or Android phone/tablet. The "scorer" uses the app to "score" the complete action of the game as they see it happen on the field. (replaces paper book scoring with benefits of electronic scoring). The program then automatically creates the play by play, remote scorecast, the scorecard, the box score, and generates the stats by game, by team, or by player -- all of which can then be: a) viewed on scorers handheld device , b) emailed in excel, csv, pdf or html formats, or c) easily posted (exported) to an optional team web site (if annual subscription is purchased).

You can download the app and give it a try to see what how it works.. It is highly recommended for new users to score a practice game from TV or uTube to get a better understanding and feel for the program before using at the field for a real game. There is also a user reference document (in english ) that can be of help. (See my signature line below for link to that google doc )

To your specific questions...

Q- is there a place whare I can Have personal stastic of a player for all year
  • A.YES, for each game scored the stats for the involved players are collected in the app and can be viewed on the scorer's device by game, or by team or by player for what ever period you choose

There are even more advanced features that let you import historical stats but that is a whole other topic to itself.
Q. I see taht I can export a .txt file of a GAME from the web site,I see all player stats of the game and change to .csv to do my thing in excell
I didn 't find a place to export only player stat with all the game of the month or what is done so far in it
  • A. The scorer's handheld device is the main data source, not the admin web site. I am not 100% clear what web site you are referring to.

If you are a parent, player, or fan looking at an optional team web site provided by your team, you should contact your team scorer, coach or administrator of the that web site and they can help you on those questions

YES, The iScore app, lets you easily email post game stats in an excel file with each row representing a players stats across nearly 350 columns of batting, fielding and pitching statistical categories.

You can also email a teams cumulative stats for games played over the course of a season with each row representing the players cumulative stats for the period of games you choose. (You can control the group of games for what ever period you want, eg all games to date, last weekend, a specific tournament , pre season, post season, or this month, etc)
Q. 2- Is there a wayt o have the name of the player when we export I see only Jursey number
  • A. YES. The player name is there . I am unclear where you would be seeing data with only a jersey number and not a player name unless the scorer only entered jersey numbers and did not have player names. (some may do this for privacy)
Q3- also is there configuration to change the COLUM taht are exported it's to much fo us
  • A. YES. The app lets the user choose which of the 350+ stat "columns" you want to view (or hide) and even what order you want the 'columns' sequenced. the app also lets you select what groups (leagues) of games you want to view and lets you also sort by column header right on your device..

Q4- maybe I search to much on the web page and all these thing are in the app on my phone ?
  • A. The app starts with scoring the game, and everything evolves from there. if you are not the scorer and instead a coach/parent/player/fan, talk to your team scorer about what you need
Q5- thanks my english is bad i'm from Québec city canada where its French..
  • A. No problem, we have users across the globe. Hope this helped and was understandable .

Post back if more questions
Carl
carl_stg@hotmail.com
iScore Baseball/Softball
* FAQ http://iscoresports.com//baseball/support.php
* Updated Manual http://iscoresports.com/baseball/manual.php?gd=1
* Stat Formulas http://data.iscorecentral.com/legend.ph ... internal=1
carl_stg

Post by carl_stg » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:11 pm

Hello cool it work well
do you know if I go in the stat selector do all my change with my iphone for waht we need ..backup the data...reload the data on a ipad ( i don,t have a ipad yet with LTE )
does the stats will stay like it was in the iphone.
thansk
Carl
carl_stg

Post by carl_stg » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:46 pm

hello I try to find in the application Batting Average (BA) = ( Number of hits ) / ( Number of official at bats ) PA
i cannot find that ?

The application divide : H/AB to do the average
Is ther a way to configure : H/PA

Here is an example :
at bat : PA=6, AB=5,H=4, HR=3, BB=1 : the BA is .666 the average is .800

in our ligue we use the BA .666
or maybe there somethign i don't catch
thanks
here is an example of the stats : it's in french
liguelesjeunesvieux.com/pages/statistique/resultats-et-stats-2016.html
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:45 am

carl_stg wrote:Hello cool it work well
do you know if I go in the stat selector do all my change with my iphone for waht we need ..backup the data...reload the data on a ipad ( i don,t have a ipad yet with LTE )
does the stats will stay like it was in the iphone.
thansk
Carl
NO. does not work that way.

the core of iscore is designed around A scorer, scoring A game on a A device (i.e. not designed as a multi person scoring system for multi devices at once).

that said, iScore does have the ability to cross "share data" scored on different devices (as long as you know the unique device ID and password found on each device under Option > Admin) . The Option > Data Sharing function, lets you change devices used to score a game .. example.. you can use your iphone one game, iPad another , and even android device on another time, - - and cross share scored games and team rosters between devices. However, iscore does not share settings across devices (e.g. game option settings, league assignments or on/off settings, stats sequence or visibility selected/deselected). therefore, any settings you make on one device has to be manually set on the other device. this also includes the optional Team Web site subscription. Each device is set independently for maximum flexibility .
iScore Baseball/Softball
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:06 am

Pardon below length but with the Translation issues, French/English .. trying to be very explicit and cover my bases so to speak
carl_stg wrote:hello I try to find in the application Batting Average (BA) = ( Number of hits ) / ( Number of official at bats ) PA
i cannot find that ?

The application divide : H/AB to do the average
Is ther a way to configure : H/PA

Here is an example :
at bat : PA=6, AB=5,H=4, HR=3, BB=1 : the BA is .666 the average is .800

in our ligue we use the BA .666
or maybe there somethign i don't catch
thanks
here is an example of the stats : it's in french
liguelesjeunesvieux.com/pages/statistique/resultats-et-stats-2016.html
NO iscore does not have H/PA as a standard Stat.
- but I think you are going to find you are OK.

Batting Average Calc
  • Batting Average in iscore is calculated according to Official Rules of Baseball and long standing conventions in baseball.
    For Batting Average , MLB and every international league i have seen follow the same calculation.
    Batting Average = Hits / Official At Bats .
  • FYI - Plate Appearances (PA) would include the following things which Official At Bat (AB) excludes: 1) Walks (BB), 2) hit by pitch (HBP) 3) sacrifice hit (SH) [aka sacrifice fly (SF) and sacrifice bunts (SB)] 4) first base award sdue to defensive obstruction, and 5) replaced at plate before time at bat is finished.

In the spreadsheet link you provided, making some educated guesses on the french abbreviations used on column headings ...
  • MOY is the only average type calculation i see and it looks like MOY = CS/AB. Which looks to translate to Hits over At Bats (not Plate Appearances).
  • if you want to provide translation for the column headings please do,
    I assume PJ = games played, AB = official At bats, PC =? (i can not figure out) 2B = double, 3B = triple, CC = ?, PP =?, RB = RBI runs batted in, BB = walks, base on Balls, S = strike outs, and BV = ?
  • i don't think Plate appearances even is listed (not terribly uncommon)

Lets review some examples from your link .. (sorry about the poor table formatting) .
  • Noms des joueurs PJ AB PC CS 2B 3B CC PP RB BB S BV MOY
    Philippe......Plante 2 5 2 4 1 1 0 5 0 1 1 0 0,800
    François......Allard 3 6 1 5 1 0 1 12 0 3 2 0 0,833
  • philippe seems to match your example with 4 CS (hits), 5 AB 1 BB and a 800 MOY (average) (not .666).
    (with 4 hits a walk , 1 Walk, and 1 strike out .. no column is 6 or higher to represent plate appearances)
  • Francois looks to have 5 CS hits 6 AB for an 833 average,
    (with 3 walks, and 5 hits and 2 strike outs , only possible PA is PP. and that does not work for Philipe
  • i am not seeing PA or H/PA on your page link

All that said, you can use the iscore app to calculate Hits/PA but as a % .
  • You would using the configurable QAB stat to do that. ( post back if you need help configuring QAB#, as this response is already very long)
  • Unfortunately QAB#% displays as a percentage so 800 average will show as 80.0%

Please post back any follow up questions (or confirmation / clarification, on the translation of the Stat columns on your link)
iScore Baseball/Softball