Relief pitcher earned run question

If you have any rules related questions, please ask in this forum. In general, enforcement of rules is up to the Umpire of the game and iScore does not specifically enforce them, but we want to make sure we score within them. Ask here, and experts can chime in.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Relief pitcher earned run question

Post by FTMSupport » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:44 pm

When runners are marked as safe by error (as opposed to batters), iScore does not assume they would have been out if the error had not occurred. This has been covered before. It is the difference between someone safe because of an error or advancing on an error. With runners, we assume advancing on an error. In a future update, we will allow distinguishing between the two.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
OhioTex

Re: Relief pitcher earned run question

Post by OhioTex » Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:07 am

Thanks for reminder....it was late.

I have apparently misunderstood some of the nuance of your '"error type'' distinction --especially in a two out situation. I thought with two outs, iscore did a better job presuming the third out....eg. two outs, error n the play, runners forced to advance and not taking an extra base -- it seems the majority assumption would be to presume the third out so follow on runs after are unearned.

Given that is not the default assumption I think iscore is more open to mis calculation than I previously thought. Given the volume of youth ball users (more errors than MLB), and the number of posts we get on the forum regarding earned/unearned distinction, I would encourage prioritizing this one high on the list to address in next release..