pitchers glove

If you have any rules related questions, please ask in this forum. In general, enforcement of rules is up to the Umpire of the game and iScore does not specifically enforce them, but we want to make sure we score within them. Ask here, and experts can chime in.
coach1

pitchers glove

Post by coach1 » Tue May 10, 2011 8:20 am

Not an iscore question but there seems to be a lot of folks with rules expertise that monitor this forum. My son is a middle school pitcher, he bought himself a new glove and in his first game using it was challenged by the opposing coach becuse the glove has white lacing. The umpire upheld the inquriry and he used another glove. I have researched the rules and find some contridictions. Some say ablsolutely no gray or white gloves or other color that would be deemed to be distracting, i don't take issue with that. One ruling was that there could be NO gray or white ON the pitchers glove but was up to the umpire to determine if the color was a distraction. Anyone know the most current interpretation of the rule or where I can find it. This would seem to disallow the white Rawlings logo that is stiched into this and most gloves.

Thanks,
OhioTex

Re: pitchers glove

Post by OhioTex » Tue May 10, 2011 9:17 am

Of course the most technical answer will depend on what governing body governs your team.. NFHS, USAAA, Cal Ripken, Little League, NATIONS etc. etc. but the most practical answer is none. furthermore most all governing bodies i know of give Umpire discretion to make judgement calls. .

I do not have my NFHS baseball rule book handy, (fyi fast pitch softball is slightly different) to quote verbatim but i believe it is rule 1.3.6 that covers it for NFHS governed leagues.
Bryan D Shepherd
Location: St. Albans, WV; District 3 Little League Umpire; WVSSAC Softball Umpire KS1904

Post by Bryan D Shepherd » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:21 am

I'll reference the rule as soon as I find it.

NFHS Rule 1-4-2 "...Glove lacing may be any color other then that of the ball" (Is the ball white?) "...Glove lacing and manufacturer's logo are not considered one of the two colors permitted"
Camerabry

Post by Camerabry » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:39 pm

I would think it wouldn't be allowed.
coach1

Post by coach1 » Tue May 01, 2012 5:19 am

fixed the problem, with a bottle of black dye. Thanks to all